Storage Space – Packing your Storage Unit
How to securely store your valuables
Before you start storing please read our tips on packing your storage unit. You may find them useful.
- Always use a separator when packing plates. Paper and bubble wrap work best.
- Use newspapers for cups glasses or any fragile containers to help support them during transportation.
- Bubble-wrap any and all highly polished furniture to protect from scratching and denting.
- Books should be packed in smaller boxes because of their weight, that way they are easy to carry.
- Leave fridges and freezers slightly open once packed inside your storage unit.
- Put a plastic liner in boxes with textiles in them, this helps with dust.
- Ensure all fabrics are clean and dust-free prior to packing.
- Where possible use environmentally friendly insect repellents on fabrics like cedar wood chips.
- Allow enough space between boxes for good ventilation for ease of access later.
- Regularly inspect stored goods for insect activity and or rodents. (We don’t have a problem).
- Before storing your goods please inspect your unit and report any deficiencies to our Operations Manager who will gladly assist to fix them & keep you happy.
- Let your paintings or framed pictures stand on double layers of bubble plastic or similar to protect your frames from direct contact with the concrete floor.
- To be well organized and save your frustrations, please mark your boxes with No’s on two adjacent sides and compile a detailed list of each box content. Ideally, you will store this info on your PC.